Bolton Food & Drink Festival – Friday 28th to Monday 31st August 2020
The award winning Bolton Food & Drink Festival is the highlight of Bolton’s annual events calendar and is now in its 15th year.
This year we’re planning to make the festival even more amazing with a packed bank holiday full of food, fun and celebration not to be missed!
In 2019, Bolton had a record number of visitors (over 400,000) and we aim to attract even more families to our fantastic festival with an exciting mix of fine food, celebrities and entertainment. The programme this year includes:
- Headline celebrity chefs over the weekend.
- Free cookery demonstrations performed by regional and specialist chefs on Fri & Sat at Bolton Market and over the Festival weekend.
- Over 200 food, drink and arts & crafts traders.
- Children’s area and activities at key locations across the festival site.
- World-class street entertainment taking place right across the festival site each day.
- Seating areas and live music on dedicated music stages.
This year’s footprint is like last year with areas on Victoria Square, Victoria Square North and South, Hotel Street, Oxford Street, Market Street, Newport Street and Deansgate.
Please note when completing your application that:
- There will be absolutely no guarantee for the location(s) that traders have previously held at this event so please ensure that you identify your first, second and third choice locations.
- There are significantly fewer pitches available on Victoria Square.
- There will be additional charges for electricity and waste facilities (please see application form).
- Parking is available at a cost of £15.00 per vehicle for the full four-day event.
- ‘Street Food’ traders wishing to trade from vehicles must send in details with dimensions and photos.
- Traders wishing to sell alcohol or vouchers for alcohol as on/off sales – will be limited in number and restricted to certain areas of the festival site. A Temporary Event Notice license (TENS) must be applied for and can be completed online.
- Applications for a TENS must be submitted by Friday 26th June 2020(please only apply for your TENS upon successful confirmation of your application).
How to apply
Fully completed applications must be submitted by 5pm, Friday 24th April 2020 with:
- Identification of your first, second and third choice locations.
- Food operators MUST complete all of sections of the application form, supply a copy of their up to date food hygiene certificate/Scoring (Food Rating of 3 or more) and full details of the food operation including the local authority with which you are registered.
- Copies of up to date public liability insurance and PAT test certification for ALL electrical equipment which you wish to use at the event.