In 2019, Bolton had a record number of visitors (over 400,000) and whilst we’re aiming to attract even more families to our fantastic festival, we will be making sure there is plenty of space for everyone so that we can enjoy a relaxed, safe event. We’ll have an exciting mix of fine food, entertainment and family fun. The programme this year includes:
Free cookery demonstrations performed by regional and specialist chefs over the Festival weekend.
Over 200 food, drink and arts & crafts traders.
Children’s area and activities at key locations across the festival site.
World-class street entertainment taking place right across the festival site each day.
Plenty of seating areas and a picnic zone in our town centre park – Queens Park
Live music on dedicated music stages
This year’s footprint takes into account the need for safe social distancing but will be based on previous year’s so will include areas on Victoria Square (including North and South), Hotel Street, Oxford Street, Market Street, Newport Street and Deansgate, as well as new town centre locations. The final site layout is subject to change but final locations will be confirmed by 30th June 2021
Please note when completing your application that:
- There will be absolutely no guarantee for the location(s) that traders have previously held at this event so please ensure that you identify your first, second and third choice locations.
- There are fewer pitches available on Victoria Square.
There will be additional charges for electricity and waste facilities (please see application form).
- Parking is available at a cost of £15.00 per vehicle for the full four-day event.
- ‘Street Food’ traders wishing to trade from vehicles must send in details with dimensions and photos.
- Traders wishing to sell alcohol or vouchers for alcohol as on/off sales – will be limited in number and restricted to certain areas of the festival site. A Temporary Event Notice license (TENS) must be applied for and can be completed online.
- Applications for a TENS must be submitted by Friday 9th July 2021 (please only apply for your TENS upon successful confirmation of your application).
How to apply
Fully completed applications must be submitted by 5pm, Friday 23rd April 2021 with:
- Identification of your first, second and third choice locations.
- Food operators MUST complete all of sections of the application form, supply a copy of their up-to-date food hygiene certificate/Scoring (Food Rating of 3 or more) and full details of the food operation including the local authority with which you are registered.
- Copies of up-to-date public liability insurance and PAT test certification for ALL electrical equipment which you wish to use at the event.